Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a Pumpkin Blondie...


I've reading of, and dreaming of pumpkin blondies. I dream about work a lot. Usually the dreams aren't this yummy, but last night, I was lucky! I knew yesterday I wanted to make pumpkin blondies...or I was thinking about it, more accurately.I have been trying to wait patiently, but I couldn’t anymore. After the Harvest Pumpkin Bread using the Marathon Mix (31017) I posted last month, I’ve been dying to work with pumpkin again, my favorite fall ingredient! I've been holding off since it technically is still September, even if today is the last day, but this morning when I woke up I could hold off no longer. Pumpkin Blondies…I needed them. I've been reading some other blogs and no less than three bloggers have made them already, so no holding back now! I wanted pumpkin blondies with butterscotch chips, white chips and walnuts, so I got right to it. Now, I made two batches, I like chewy, under-baked and kind of doughy blondies...like I like my cookies but I also made a version that was a little more baked for some normalcy. They are sweet, taste of fall and even though I must, I hate the thought of giving them away! Check out my blog to see how they turned out, and the formula and method. You need to make these this weekend!!

So, here is what I did…(NEWSLETTER READERS...START HERE!) but I should tell you I used too many inclusions. I am going to recommend less…much less for you. To make sure I adjust the amounts correctly from the formula on the bag, I checked in with my guru at the office, Christophe. Christophe can do, fix, create anything. He reminded me that pumpkin is about 90% water so there are some tweaks that need to happen. See tweaked formula below!

Pumpkin Blondies

For ONE Sheet-pan

7.2# Komplet Blondie Mix, 61036
2# Melted and cooled butter
1# Whole eggs
1# Canned pumpkin
1oz Pumpkin Pie Spice
12oz Walnut Pieces
12oz Butterscotch chips
12oz White chips

Method
1. Mix butter, pumpkin pie spice and Komplet Blondie Mix for 1 minute in 1st speed, scrape bowl.
2. Add eggs and mix for 1 minute in 1st speed until smooth. Add pumpkin and mix in 1st speed for 1 minute until smooth.
3. Add walnuts and chips at end of mixing stage. Pour into a greased, lined sheet pan.
4. Bake 350 degrees F (300 degrees F convection oven) for 40 – 45 minutes.

Those are mine up top…the gooey ones fell apart a bit, but I have to tell you…they tasted amazing. It was my breakfast of champions!!

PS. The Komplet Blondie Mix 61036 also makes fantastic Peanut Butter Bars, Chocolate Chip Sheet Cookies, Fruit Snack Bars and more!! Let me know if you want to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment